Licensing Virtual Expo, in partnership with the professional association of the industry International licenses, today announced the program for the 2021 edition of the event which will take place from August 24 to 26 in a virtual format. Celebrating 40 years of connecting IP owners and retailers, manufacturers and licensees, Licensing Expo Virtual will present the strongest educational program to date, strategically designed to power the global licensing industry. $ 292.8 billion.. Registration of visitors is open and free.
This year’s event includes the return of Licensing U, produced by Licensing International, the US market debut of License This !, and a keynote address from senior executives at Warner Bros. Consumer Products, as well as the launch of Digital Brand Roadshows, Retail Clinics and Sustainable Development Clinics carried out in partnership with Products of Change, as well as educational content from GLG.
âWe are excited to unveil this year’s program as we adapt each offering to reflect the industry’s most pressing and changing needs,â said Anna Knight, Vice President, Licensing, Informa Markets. âAs a result of in-depth conversations with our community of exhibitors and attendees, we have designed the strongest program to date that aims to inspire collaboration, attract hundreds of prominent PIs, and raise awareness. challenges that our participant base faces on a daily basis. ”
The agenda will be divided into live and on-demand content and will include:
Digital brand roadshows: New to Licensing Expo, the Digital Brand Roadshows aim to showcase compelling brands and intellectual property through an exciting collection of exhibitor case studies linked via a common theme, highlighted in group discussions broadcast in live during the event. Categories for the 2021 event include:
- Collaborations and partnerships;
- New exhibitors at the event;
- Heritage and nostalgia;
- Live experience;
- Animation and Anime; and
- Licenses around the world.
Sustainability clinics: Also new on the 2021 agenda: sustainable development clinics made possible by partner Products of Change, a global educational center to drive sustainable change in consumer product markets and beyond. Participants have the opportunity to participate in 30-minute clinics with experts from Products of Change to get personalized advice on how to improve their current approach and gain a better understanding of what others in the licensing industry are doing.
Retail Training Sessions and Ask Me Anything: Licensing Expo Virtual will offer retail clinics comprised of personalized educational sessions provided free of charge to all retailers.
âOur intention with Retail Clinics is to facilitate the challenge of tracking and understanding key trends, helping retailers meet a range of licensing experts, and getting the inspiration to bring licensing into retail strategy. retailers, âsays Knight.
Etraining sessions will include:
- On demand: Sessions on Future Trends, Category Specific Brand Licensing Case Studies, and Retail 101 Licensing.
- Live broadcast: Ask Me Anything sessions where a panel of brand licensing experts will be on hand to answer all your brand licensing and retail questions. Questions can be submitted live or in advance and can remain anonymous.
Main speech: Senior executives from Warner Bros. Consumer Products will deliver the keynote address titled âUnlocking the Fan Power of Global Franchisesâ, moderated by Amanda Cioletti, Director of Content, Global license. To hear the speech on August 24 at 11:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT presented by Pam Lifford, President, Global Brands and Experiences, WarnerMedia, and Robert Oberschelp, Senior Vice President, Global Franchise and Branded Product Management, Warner Bros. Consumer products.
License this! Final: On day 2 of the event, participants can be part of the License This! competition final, a global initiative produced in partnership with Licensing International and InventHelp that offers a selection of illustrators, designers, animators and product inventors the exciting opportunity to present their concepts online to a panel expert judges.
SESSIONS ON DEMAND
GLG educational content: Participants can enjoy on-demand content produced by Global license, which will go live two weeks before the event and highlight various categories of the industry, including:
- Changing channels: the evolution of children’s content
- Orders: how F&B powers the limited edition drops
- Untapped potential: how mobile gaming is preparing for big changes
- Collectibles – Who collects what now?
- WTF is an NFT ??? !!
U license: A Licensing Expo staple produced by Licensing International, Licensing U supports brand-licensed newcomers and those looking to hone their expertise. This year’s educational offer will cover three components:
- Basics, providing an essential introduction to how the licensing industry works
- Projectors, providing an overview of the latest topics and trends in key segments
- Tactics and strategies, providing insight into topics and trends impacting the brand licensing industry
A selection of core sessions include:
- Basic principles of international licenses: A bachelor’s degree program that operates in more than one country requires a specific set of considerations which may involve aspects such as financial, regulatory and legal systems, cultural considerations, retail structures, and many more.
- What you need to know about royalty rates: Find out how royalty rates are determined, what brand owners and licensees should think about when discussed, and the implications of the range of structures under which they are calculated.
- Developing a Retail Plan: A key part of any licensing effort is creating a strategy to bring products to (and through) retail. Participants will have perspectives on how to understand the differences between different types of retailers, determine their hot spots, and match properties or product lines to the appropriate targets.
A selection of tactics and strategies sessions include:
- The future of TVN: It is perhaps the hottest topic in the industry, with implications for corporate brands, sports, entertainment, celebrities, art – literally every category of license. What is the state of the business and where is it all headed? Experts will give their point of view.
- Sustainability strategies: Environmental responsibility is on the minds of an ever-increasing number of consumers. Manufacturers and brand owners of all product categories need to address these concerns – a look at the latest thinking on sustainable sourcing and other topics.
- Addressing supply chain challenges: The pandemic has not only disrupted consumer behavior; it has also triggered a major disruption in manufacturing, shipping and all aspects of bringing new products to market cost effectively and quickly. How have things changed and what are the prospects for the future?
Participants can get their Licensing U Pass starting at just $ 88 for a track or $ 156 for the All-Access Pass by booking by July 23 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. Licensing International members get an additional 10% discount
For a complete download of the Licenses Expo 2021 virtual agenda, visit here. All sessions will remain available on demand for three months after the live event ends.
Press interested in attending the event can obtain credentials here.