SACRAMENTO — Governor Gavin Newsom today announced action on a number of bills, including AB 2097 by Assemblywoman Laura Friedman (D-Glendale).
This measure signed by the Governor will prohibit minimum parking requirements for new residential, commercial and other developments located near public transit to reduce vehicle emissions and promote denser, more affordable housing closer to everyday destinations. people.
A signature message can be found here.
The full list of bills the Governor announced signing can be found below:
- AB 1636 by Assemblyman Dr. Akilah Weber (D-San Diego) – Physician’s and Surgeon’s Certificate: Registered Sex Offenders.
- AB 1742 by Assemblyman Robert Rivas (D-Salinas) – California Cigarette Fire Safety and Firefighter Protection Act: Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement.
- AB 1776 by Assemblyman James Gallagher (R-Yuba City) – Resource Conservation Districts: California Prompt Payment Act.
- AB 1783 by Assemblyman Marc Levine (D-Marin County) – Lobbying: administrative actions.
- AB 2048 by Congressman Miguel Santiago (D-Los Angeles) – Solid Waste: Franchise Agreements: Database.
- AB 2057 by Assemblywoman Wendy Carrillo (D-Los Angeles) – Department of Transportation: Freight movement data.
- AB 2097 by Assembly Member Laura Friedman (D-Glendale) – Types of residential, commercial or other development: parking requirements. A signature message can be found here.
- AB 2271 by Assemblyman Mike Gipson (D-Carson) – Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority: Contracts: Local Businesses.
- AB 2298 by Assemblyman Chad Mayes (I-Rancho Mirage) – Recreational Water Use: Wave Pools.
- AB 2503 by Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia (D-Bell Gardens) – Landlords and Tenants: California Law Revision Commission: study.
- AB 2805 by Assembly Member Rebecca Bauer-Kahan (D-Orinda) – Department of Fish and Wildlife: Advancing Regional Mitigation and Conservation Investment Strategies.
- AB 2912 by Assemblyman Marc Berman (D-Menlo Park) – Consumer Warranties.
- AB 2973 by Higher Education Commission – Post-Secondary Education: Omnibus Bill.
- SB 450 by Sen. Robert Hertzberg (D-Van Nuys) – Fire Protection: District Fire Response Special Fund: Office of Emergency Services.
- SB 559 by Senator Melissa Hurtado (D-Sanger) – Tribal Game: Compact Ratification.
- SB 793 by Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) – Alcoholic Beverages: Concert Hall Licensing.
- SB 856 by Sen. Bill Dodd (D-Napa) – Wild Pigs: Validations.
- SB 910 by Senator Melissa Hurtado (D-Sanger) – Tribal Game: Compact Ratification.
- SB 945 by Senator John Laird (D-Santa Cruz) – Falconry: American Peregrine Falcons.
- SB 978 by Sen. Mike McGuire (D-Healdsburg) – Department of Recycling and Resource Recovery: Cleanup and Removal of Wildfire Debris: Contracts.
- SB 1267 by Sen. Richard Pan (D-Sacramento) – Clinical Laboratories.
- SB 1496 by the Governance and Finance Committee – Taxation: administration of taxes, fees and surcharges: insurance tax rates.
The Governor also vetoed the following bills:
- AB 1078 by Assemblyman Jim Patterson (R-Fresno) – Energy: Building Standards: Photovoltaic Requirements. A veto message can be found here.
- AB 2003 by Assemblyman Mike Fong (D-Alhambra) – California Workforce Development Board: Career Path Models. A veto message can be found here.
- AB 2230 by Assemblyman Mike Gipson (D-Carson) – CalWORKs: Temporary Shelter and Permanent Housing Benefits. A veto message can be found here.
- AB 2320 by Assembly Member Cristina Garcia (D-Bell Gardens) – Reproductive Health Care Pilot Program. A veto message can be found here.
- AB 2550 by Assemblyman Dr. Joaquin Arambula (D-Fresno) – State Air Resources Board: San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District: Not met. A veto message can be found here.
- AB 2665 by Assemblywoman Wendy Carrillo (D-Los Angeles) – Child Welfare System: Racial Disparities. A veto message can be found here.
- SB 834 by Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) – Tax Exempt Status: Insurrection. A veto message can be found here.
For the full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov.